What is advocacy? The US Community Toolbox says:
- Advocacy is active promotion of a cause or principle
- Advocacy involves actions that lead to a selected goal
- Advocacy is one of many possible strategies, or ways to approach a problem
- Advocacy can be used as part of a community initiative, nested in with other components.
- Advocacy is not direct service
- Advocacy does not necessarily involve confrontation or conflict
Our mission statement promotes the cause – ie “We connect, collaborate and advocate for future-proofing good governance in Australian local governments.”
Our actions, strategies, community initiatives are embedded in our change management themes, which are integrated in our projects based organisation structure.
We work strategically and collaboratively with state agencies and councillors who share the same concerns and resolve to restore and sustain good governance conduct and performance in all our councils. We create and share value add with our strategic partners.